Abode natural cleaning products review
Would you sell your home to follow what you believe in?
Nicole and Mark Bijlsma did!
Nicole is a building biologist, author of Healthy Home, Healthy Family and founder of the Australian College of Environmental Studies.She wasn’t happy with the ingredients in natural cleaning products and set out to formulate her own range. A journey that would take five years!
What came to fruition was the Abode range of natural cleaning products for the laundry, kitchen, bathroom and whole house.
What did we think?
I don’t really buy a lot of cleaning products anymore, preferring to make my own, especially with things like cleaning sprays. However, I think I could easily become a convert. I actually had my whole family trying these out as I like to delegate the cleaning (hot tip there!)
Here are some of our thoughts about the products:
- Everyone is happy with the dish-washing detergent and thought it worked well and had a lovely, light scent.
- The laundry liquid and the laundry detergent worked also worked really well (even on kid’s clothes!)
- The surface spray got rid of grease build up in the kitchen very quickly. I only needed a light spray and a once over wipe.
- The bathroom cleaner surprised us with how well it cleaned our grotty shower. Usually we have to really use a lot of elbow grease with our regular bicarb/vinegar combo. My teenage son thought it was fabulous that he could do it a lot quicker than usual.
- The toilet gel was really quick and easy to use too. Again, a lot less elbow grease required in comparison to bicarb/vinegar.
- I also love that there is no residue to rinse, unlike bicarb which takes a bit to rinse down.
- I found the smell of the sprays a little strong when used in a small space, but my family didn’t. I do have a very strong sense of smell, so that could be it!
- The products are super-concentrated, so you only need to use a small amount. I need to explain that better to the kids who like to use things liberally!
Overall, I am really impressed with how well these products perform.
Nicole and Mark have made the range with the highest quality ingredients available – food grade where possible. They have been specifically made for people with skin and chemical sensitivities.
Other things that tick my ‘natural new age mum boxes’ are that the products are made in Australia and the company is Australian owned. I like that. You are also able to buy the products in bulk 5 litre or kilogram quantities to reduce packaging.
If I could improve on the products, I would like to see Nicole offer the products as refills so I could top up my spray bottles and containers.
The Abode cleaning range is perfect for people just starting out on reducing the chemicals in their home. The products are a direct swap for their regular products and work the same way. It is a very easy and painless change to make !
I think it is fantastic to see an Aussie family leading the way in natural cleaning with a commitment to the health of their customers and the environment. The Bjlisma’s passion, knowledge and integrity are very inspirational and I can’t wait to see what they do next!
Buy Abode Cleaning products online here.