The gorgeous girls at Amazing Oils are kindly letting me share their recipe for magnesium body butter with you today. This divine butter is fabulous as a natural moisturizer for your beautiful body, with added benefits of coconut oil, magnesium oil and essential oils. Make up a few batches, pop them in cute glass jars and give them as gifts!
Magnesium is a truly incredible nutrient. What more can you say about a mineral that is essential for the function of every single cell in your body? Experience the benefits of transdermal magnesium therapy, while simultaneously replenishing the skin and delighting your senses: does it really get any better than that?
DIY Magnesium Body Butter
Okay, this is what you need:
1/4 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup unrefined cocoa or shea butter (you can find them at many health food stores or online)
1/4 cup Amazing Oils magnesium oil
5 – 10 drops of essential oils
Okay, this is how you do it:
1. In a double boiler or over low heat, melt coconut oil and butter.
2. Pour into medium-sized bowl and let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, or until it begins to get opaque.
3. Using a stand mixer or hand blender with the whipping attachment, start to whip together the oils.
4. Ever so slowly, begin to add in the magnesium oil until well combined. At this point you can also add essential oils of your choice. If you are pregnant, check the safety of your essential oil.
5. Place in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes until it is semi-solid and then re-blend. It is best to set the lotion in this way so that it whips up optimally- giving it a divinely fluffy texture.
6. Scoop into glass jars and store in the refrigerator. The body butter will be firm when you first start to apply, but melts nicely into the skin and absorbs rapidly.
7. Massage liberally into your beautiful body!
What is magnesium good for?
Magnesium is a mineral most of us are lacking in. It is wonderful to help alleviate signs of stress and is a fantastic rejuvenator for the skin. Magnesium is said to be 30 times more powerful taken trans-dermal, through the skin than being taken orally. This is the fastest way to increase your Magnesium levels and aid in ailments such as cramping, headaches, migraines, restless legs, arthritis, colds and flu, anxiety, insomnia, aches and pains, even hair loss!
“Every single cell in the human body demands adequate magnesium to function, or it will perish. Strong bones and teeth, balanced hormones, a healthy nervous and cardiovascular system, well-functioning detoxification pathways and much more depend upon cellular magnesium sufficiency. Soft tissue containing the highest concentrations of magnesium in the body include the brain and the heart—two organs that produce a large amount of electrical activity, and which can be especially vulnerable to magnesium insufficiency” from this article at Weston A Price Foundation.