Five things I am in love with this month!
1. Gomasio! Gomasio (I just love saying it – gomasio, gomasio!) is a combination of sesame seeds, a few different types of seaweed and sea salt. It’s delicious. I have been sprinkling it on salads, soups, poached eggs, potatoes – everything! You can get it at your health food store or online at Organics on a Budget. Don’t forget to claim your 5% discount for being a reader of this blog, by adding the code: BUDGET.
2. Pink Himalayan Salt Lamp. I love my lamp! It stays on all the time in our house. The beautiful warming of the salt by the light, makes it give off negative ions (the same ions you get at the beach or in the bush). There are so many benefits – read about them here. I definitely notice it makes me feel better after a long day. You can buy them in the health food store or homewares store or online from New Age Child.
3. Coconut Scrub Pad. Yes, I do love a kitchen scrubber thingy! It’s awesome! Made from coconut fibres, it is biodegradable and compostable. It’s really hygienic and stays fresh for months. Amanda Rootsey says to consider the graveyard of everything we buy. Where will it end up? So, I love my Safix scrub pad! Find them in the health food store. You can scrub your pots and pans in eco-friendly style!
4. Bamboo/Silk handmade shawl. I have a thing about scarves and shawls. I always feel so Audrey-Hepburn-chic when I wear them. This gorgeous fair-trade shawl is so soft and luxurious to touch. I love that the dyes used to make it are natural botanical dyes. I have the soft pink colour – it goes with everything. Very glamorous, but still eco-friendly! Buy them online at 4 my earth.
5. Silk exfoliating towel. This unusual looking ‘towel’ feels so lovely on my skin and it’s really gentle. It’s like being in a day-spa! The towel is made up of many fine silk yarns twisted together to form a hard texture to scrape away dead skin. You use it with a moisturizing soap. I love that it is also organic, environmentally friendly, biodegradable and fair-trade. Buy it online at 4 my earth.
4 my earth is a Queensland owned online store, specializing in products that are environmentally friendly, as well as being useful. Rebecca, the natural, new age mum who owns 4 my earth sent me the shawl and the silk towel to try out. She generously offered to give me one shawl and one towel to pass onto you guys to try out too. If you would like to win either the Bamboo Silk Handmade Shawl or the Silk Exfoliating Towel:
*Comment on this blog post with which one you would like to win. If you want to win the shawl, pop on over to the website, choose which colour you would like and let us know when you comment.
* Like the 4 my earth Facebook page. Go here.
* This giveaway is only open to Australian residents. Entries close 30th May 2012 at midnite and winner will be chosen using random.org. I will notify the winner by email and also comment on this blog post. This giveaway is in no way affiliated with Facebook. Good Luck!
So, that is my top five things I am in love with this month.
What are your top five?
You might also like to read about some more of my favourite things.