Apps allow information and entertainment to be at our fingertips 24/7 in a portable, user-friendly way.
But it’s not all for techno-geeks and game players, apps can be used to enhance your everyday. These ten awesome apps will help you lead a healthy, happy, holistic life.
1. Headspace Meditation. Headspace is a project designed to demystify meditation. Using the wonders of science and technology, they make it easy-to-learn, fun-to-do, and relevant to your everyday life. Featuring how to meditate, daily meditation sessions and reminders. Download it here.
2. The Whole Pantry. A very popular health, wellness and lifestyle app with a vision to restore balance and empower. The Whole Pantry is the new go-to place, filled with a continually updating library of resources, empowering information, lifestyle guides and simple, yet beautiful nourishing recipes. Visit the website here.
3. Healthy Home. Is your home making you sick? With the increase in asthma, allergies, chemical sensitivities and other illnesses related to indoor pollutants a healthy home has never been more important. Take a walk through your home and complete the quiz to identify health assets and challenges. Discover tips and resources to help you create a healthy home for your family. Find out more here.
4. GS1 Go Scan. By either browsing the database or scanning products in store, Go Scan gives you information about food to help you make the right choices for your family. It includes information on allergens, ingredients, nutrition, storage and preparation, dietary and basics like country of origin and company website. Check out the website here.
5. EFT Clinic. This free app allows you to tap into (see what I did there) the amazing healing power of EFT (emotional freedom technique) with a combination of text, diagrams and video. Free yourself from difficult emotions wherever you are, be it stress or anxiety, depression, low self esteem, weight loss and much much more. EFT Clinic is presented by Sue Beer, one of the first certified EFT Masters. Check it out here.
6. Safe Runner. Aussie mum, Rebecca has come up with app to not only be a personal tracker for running, walking or pushing the pram, it comes with inbuilt security. Safe Runner will track your distance, calories burnt and if required will automatically notify your emergency contact that assistance is needed as well as your GPS location. For more information go here.
7. Inspire Me Quotes. With quality images and designs, get inspired and uplifted by beautiful quotes. Inspire Me Quotes offers users the chance to browse through a variety of inspirational quotes to reveal wisdom from great minds such as Albert Einstein, Martin Luther King, Mark Twain, Steve Jobs, Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, Abraham Lincoln and many, many more. Find out more here.
8. Shop Ethical. A quick and easy way to avoid companies with a negative track record and support those making a positive impact. With 10 years of research as a basis, this app have everything you need to start shopping ethically. With information on animal testing, factory farming, food miles, labour exploitation, GMOs, overfishing, palm oil and more, you can find products that fit with your values. Get it here.
9.Yoga Studio. This app is like your own yoga studio on call. It features detailed info and advice on 280 poses and 16 hours of yoga classes in a clean, easy to see format. Ideal for beginners up to advanced, it’s an affordable way to bring yoga into your life. Check out the website here.
10. The Chemical Maze. The very popular book by Bill Statham is also available in app form. With ten years of research and a huge database, you have access to information about food additives and cosmetic ingredients. Identify the risk level and possible reactions and problems of each. Invaluable in navigating the world of chemicals! Go here for more details.
Want more? My friend Alexx Stuart shares her top apps here.
What is your favourite app? Link us up!