Are you caught up in the cycle of using caffeine to wake you up?
If you find it really hard to get going in the morning without coffee, then consider some of these natural ways to wake up, to ease the reliance on caffeine!
10 ways to wake up in the morning (without coffee)
1. You woke up – hallelujah! Spend a moment giving thanks and gratitude that you are here on this earth. One of my favourite sayings is “every day above ground is a good day”. That should put a very big smile on your face and get your happy hormones working!
2. Do not touch the snooze button! It’s actually better for you to have the alarm clock way across the other side of the room. When you have it near your head at night, the electro-magnetic radiation can make you wake up feeling hung over.
3. Open the curtains, turn on the lights, get out in the sun. This gets your natural body clock switched on and the cue for your hormones to wake you up!
4. Hot lemon water. A glass of warm filtered water with a good squeeze of lemon juice every morning is fabulous! It’s good for digestion and it gets the bowels moving. Read more benefits here.
5. Salute to the sun. This yoga sequence is incredibly invigorating and refreshing. See how to do it here.
6. Massage your ears. All over. When you get to the rolled over bit of your ear at the top, flip it gently inside out as you massage. When you rub your ears, you stimulate lots of energy points that run through the ears and then into your body.
7. Green smoothie. A green smoothie is made with whole fresh fruit and some greenery like kale, spinach or asian greens. Whizz it all up with some ice and a dash of water. In this state, the goodness from the fruit and veges are absorbed into your body in a very short time. Try my very yummy Pineapple Mint Green-Tea Green Smoothie!
8. Dry skin brush. Guaranteed to leave you feeling very alive and zingy! It gets your circulation pumping and the blood flowing! See my blog post on how to do it here.
9. Peppermint steam. Before you turn the water on, put one or two drops of peppermint oil on the base of your shower. The beautiful aroma will waft up as you shower and give you a really refreshing blast!
10. Set your intentions for the day. While you are in the shower, visualize what you want to get done for the day. It’s also useful to affirm that today will be a good day, that you will have a good run in the traffic, that every interaction at work will be pleasant or that the kids are going to be really well behaved. It really does make a difference to your day when you send out into the universe what you want. A positive attitude first thing will put a spring in your step!
So, there you have it. Ten ways to wake up, get invigorated and energized in the mornings – all without coffee.
Will you give one or more of these ideas a go?