20 Practical Tips to Protect your Energy
You know that feeling?
You feel tense, drained, uncomfortable, confused not quite right?
You may have taken on some negative energies. Perhaps you are an empath or a highly sensitive person. Your job might be highly stressful or emotional.
When your energy is balanced, your health is better, you are happier and life is easier.
Check out these 20 practical tips to protect your energy.
1. Crystals. Black Onyx protects our personal energy and can absorb negative energy. Black Tourmaline protects against negativity directed at us. Rose quartz is another that can be used. The high energy of rose quartz gives it the ability to enhance love. It will bring love into your life and any situation, lower stress and soothe. You can wear crystals as jewellery, put them in your pocket or tuck them in your bra.
2. Becoming aware. A crucial part of protecting your energy is becoming aware. What are you feeling? Is it because of a place, a person or a situation? Once you learn to be in tune with your body and emotions, it’s easier to be pro-active and protect yourself.
3. Kashyapa Mudra. This mudra (hand positions) helps to balance and protect against negative energies. Use it when you are in a situation of negativity or visiting a place with dark energy. Find out more here.
4. Salt Bath. Bathing is fabulous for getting rid of any negativity or unwanted energies. You can add sea salt, pink himalayan salt or magnesium chloride flakes to your bath for a lovely cleansing effect.
5. Earthing. Connect with nature. Stand on the grass or beach with barefeet and imagine the energy rising up from the earth and filling your body. Doing this regularly can also make you stronger against negative forces.
6. Meditation. Meditation can bring us back to ourselves and refuel our own energy when it has been depleted. Check out this guided meditation from Helen at The Little Sage that is specifically designed for this purpose.
7. Bubble of Light. This is a very popular and effective technique to use prior to going into situations where you feel your energy might be compromised. Visualize a bubble of light – some people like white, blue or purple coloured light (it’s up to you). Imagine yourself stepping into that bubble and being surrounded by the colour and protected. Another idea from our Facebook community was to send pink healing, loving light to negative or difficult people.
8. Ask the angels. Ask Archangel Michael for protection by simply saying “Archangel Michael, protect me now”. For more information take a look here.
9. Cut cords. “Basically, an energy cord is created between two people where an energetic exchange occurred – usually formed by an exchange of emotions or thought forms.” If this connection becomes toxic, you are able to visualize the cord or bond being cut. For a great explanation of how to do this and more information, visit the website of psychic Amanda Linette Meder.
10. Space clearing mist. This beautiful mist from Australian Bushflower Essences is a blend of aromatherapy oils, botanicals, cleansing herbs and Australian Bush Flower Essences. It encourages a feeling that you are in a sacred and harmonious environment and protects from negative energies.
11. Essential Oils. All essential oils help raise your vibration but for specific protection of your energy, try geranium, sandalwood, myrrh, sage, frankincense and cedar wood. Choose good quality, pure oils for the best benefit.
12. Feng Shui. According to Feng Shui principles, four animals can protect the energy of your home. The Green Dragon, The WhiteTiger, The Black Turtle and The Red Phoenix. Find out more here.
14. Dance, music and moving. All these things can all help clear negative energies and restore balance in your body. Try specialized dance like Wu Tao, Chakra Dance or Nia which are all spiritual based.
15. Learn to say no. Taking on only what you want to do and what you can physically do is one of the best ways to protect your energy and avoid being emotionally and physically drained. Kirri White, life coach tells us how to say no and reclaim our life.
16. Be choosey about what you allow into your consciousness. Avoid gossip, drama and negative talk. Keep away from toxic, draining energy vampires. Stop watching the news. Raise your vibration with things that make you feel good. As Oprah says “Surround yourself only with people who will lift you higher”.
17. Affirmations and Intentions. The power of the sending out your intentions to the universe is amazing. I used to do this when working in retail before each day began. After a spate of negative interactions, I started affirming that “only happy, positive people come into my space today” and it worked! As you leave a negative situation or place you can also say something like “I now release anything which does not serve me”.
18.Smudge. Smudging is used for clearing negative energies. To use, just light the bundle of herbs and blow it out until it is emitting a lovely stream of smoke. Take it around your house or office or just around your aura and set your positive intentions while doing so. The negative ions in the sage will make you feel cleansed and peaceful. Read more about how to smudge here.
19. Use your breath. A simple and quick technique that can be done anywhere. Visualize all the negative energy leaving your body when you exhale. On the inhale, visualize your body being filled with positive energy, happiness or love.
20. Self examination. If negative energy, places and situations keep cropping up in your life, you may want to ask yourself why you are attracting this. Is it a life lesson to learn? Why does it serve you?
You might also like to read:
I would love to know how you protect your energy!
Does any of this resonate with you?