* Composting. Almost 50% of Australian household waste is organic and can be composted so the nutrients are returned to the soil. Unfortunately, much of this waste ends up in landfills, not back in our gardens. In landfills, it creates harmful carbon gases and liquid, which continue to escape and impact of environment and local animals for up to thirty years. We really should all be making an effort to compost and use it on our gardens.
1. Swap over.
Make a direct swap to the compostable bin liners and shopping bags. That way, you know that you are not contributing more plastic to landfill. That eases my eco-guilt and makes me happy.
2. Start composting.
Want to try them out for yourself? You can purchase them online at the website, at selected retail outlets or you can win some, right here on the blog!
**This giveaway has now closed! The winners were Melissa, Stacey, Cathy, Caz and Krista! Well done girls **
Natasha is kindly giving away 5 Compost-A-Pak packs. Included in each is a kitchen caddy, a 6 months supply of 8 litre liners, and 5 Reusable Shopping Bags.
* SUBSCRIBE to the blog. Add your email to the top right hand side.
* LIKE the Compost-A-Pak Facebook page. Go here.
* COMMENT on this blog post, telling us one thing that can go in compost bins.
Terms and conditions:
This giveaway is only available to Australian residents. It is open from now until Friday the 17th of August at midnite. Five winners will be chosen using random.org from those meeting the entry requirements. The winners will be announced on the blog post and emailed (make sure you make a note to check!) Good Luck.
* Exclusive to Natural New Age Mum blog subscribers! Purchase the Kitchen Starter Pack at only $19.95 (plus delivery) and receive 5 reusable shopping bags for free. That’s $10 worth of additional value! Just use the code FREEBAGS at the checkout!