How to use apple cider vinegar for a sore throat
The Natural New Age Dad is crazy about his apple cider vinegar (ACV)!
It’s his cure-all for every ailment.
So, when I had a sore throat the other day, he immediately looked up his Apple Cider Vinegar book and found me a remedy.
I was already taking all my favourite natural remedies, but I must say that this one worked really well and I will add it to my repertoire.
This is what we did:
* Put 1 teaspoon of Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar into half a glass of water
* Gargle three mouthfuls of the mix each hour
* Spit it out (don’t drink because the ACV sucks up the germs)
* Cut down to every three hours once you feel some relief
Then, we did this:
* Soak a thin cloth in ACV and wring out
* Place around the throat
* Cover with plastic wrap (we had to cobble together something as we don’t buy plastic wrap anymore!)
* Cover with heat pack
* Lie down for an hour or so
Apple Cider Vinegar is awesome stuff. I am going to talk some more about it, but I will leave that for another blog post.
Just be sure if you are going to use it, that you buy an organic version, with ‘the mother’.
So there you have it, there really is no need to visit the chemist and load up on chemicals to treat a sore throat, go to your pantry first!
What’s your favourite remedy for a sore throat?